Options trading can be a great way to potentially earn high returns on your investment. When it comes to choosing the best stocks for options trading, there are a few key factors to consider.
First, it’s important to choose stocks that are liquid, which means they have a high trading volume and can be easily bought and sold. Second, you’ll want to look for stocks that have a high level of volatility, which can help you earn higher returns on your options. Finally, you’ll want to select stocks from a variety of industries to diversify your portfolio and manage your risk.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best stocks for options trading and why they may be good choices for your portfolio. Before we move forward let us discuss why liquidity is important when choosing Best Stocks for Options Trading.
Why liquidity is important when choosing Best Stocks for Options Trading
Liquidity is an important concept in the world of stock options trading. In general, liquidity refers to the degree to which an asset can be easily bought or sold in the market without affecting the asset’s price. A highly liquid asset is one that can be bought or sold quickly and easily, whereas a less liquid asset may be more difficult to trade.
There are several reasons why liquidity is important in the context of stock options trading. First, liquidity allows traders to enter and exit positions quickly and easily. This is particularly important for options traders, who often need to make rapid decisions based on changing market conditions. If an option is highly liquid, a trader can enter or exit a position quickly, allowing them to take advantage of short-term market opportunities.
Second, liquidity is important because it provides traders with a degree of price certainty. When an option is highly liquid, the price at which it can be bought or sold is likely to be relatively stable. This makes it easier for traders to calculate the potential profitability of their positions, and to make informed trading decisions. In contrast, when an option is less liquid, the price may be more volatile, making it more difficult for traders to predict how their positions will perform.
Third, liquidity is important because it helps to ensure that the market for stock options is fair and efficient. When there is a high level of liquidity, it is easier for traders to find counter-parties to trade with, which can help to prevent price distortions and other market inefficiencies. In contrast, when liquidity is low, it may be more difficult for traders to find willing buyers or sellers, which can lead to wider spreads and other problems.
Overall, liquidity is an essential factor for traders to consider when trading stock options. A high level of liquidity can provide traders with greater flexibility and price certainty and can help to ensure that the market for stock options is fair and efficient. By taking liquidity into account, traders can improve their chances of success and maximize the profitability of their positions.
How to check whether a stock option is liquid or not?
To check whether a stock option is liquid or not, one can do the following:
- Check the option’s open interest: A stock option with high open interest indicates that there is a large number of buyers and sellers participating in the market and therefore, it is likely to be liquid.
- Check the option’s trading volume: A stock option with high trading volume indicates that there is a significant amount of buying and selling activity in the market and therefore, it is likely to be liquid.
- Check the option’s bid-ask spread: A stock option with a narrow bid-ask spread indicates that there is a minimal price discrepancy between buyers and sellers and therefore, it is likely to be liquid.
How to check whether a stock option is liquid or not by looking at the bid-ask spread?
To check whether a stock option is liquid or not by looking at the bid-ask spread, follow these steps:
- Find the bid price and ask price for the stock option. The bid price is the highest price that a buyer is willing to pay for the option, and the ask price is the lowest price that a seller is willing to accept for the option.
- Calculate the bid-ask spread by subtracting the bid price from the ask price. For example, if the bid price is ₹5 and the ask price is ₹6, the bid-ask spread is ₹1.
- Compare the bid-ask spread to the underlying stock’s bid-ask spread. If the option’s bid-ask spread is significantly wider than the underlying stock’s bid-ask spread, it may indicate that the option is not very liquid.
- You can simply multiply it with the lot size to check, how much slippage you need to take entry and exit in any particular strike. If after multiplying it by lot size, you are getting a value between ₹200 – ₹300 then you can consider it a liquid stock option.
- Consider the volume of the stock option. If the option has a low volume, it may also indicate that it is not very liquid.
- Use a stock screener to check the liquidity of the stock option. Some stock screeners will provide information on the option’s liquidity, such as the bid-ask spread and volume.
Overall, a stock option is considered liquid if it has a narrow bid-ask spread and high volume. If the option has a wide bid-ask spread and low volume, it may be considered less liquid.
Best Stocks for Options Trading – Our Picks
After trading options for more than 5+ years I have created a watchlist of the stocks that I trade mostly. Some of my favorite picks are:
- Banking stocks (AXISBANK, ICICBANK, SBIN, KOTAK BANK, HDFCBANK)
You can copy my entire watch list through the below link:
- My best stocks for Options Trading: https://in.tradingview.com/watchlists/19420121/
Conclusion: Best Stocks for Options Trading
After conducting thorough research and analysis, it has been determined that the best stocks for options trading are those with high liquidity and volatility, strong underlying fundamentals, and a history of predictable price movements.
These stocks, such as Icici Bank, SBIN, DLF, and TataMotors, provide the ideal conditions for successful options trading, allowing traders to capitalize on potential price swings and maximize their profits. Overall, it is important for traders to carefully evaluate potential options trading stocks and select those that align with their investment goals and risk tolerance.
Much Check this also-
- Best Bear Call Ratio Spread in Dabur for December Expiry
- Best Option strategy for sideways Trend in TATASTEEL for December Expiry
- November Month Performance and trading plan for December 2022 expiry
Post your comments in the comment box if you have a query related to this option trading. You can ask any question related to options strategy in the comment box.
If you need more real-time assistance on the Nifty and Bank Nifty Weekly Expiry Options Strategy or want to deploy these hedging trading strategies for monthly Income, Can take our premium subscription and you will get real-time assistance every month on these Options trading strategies. You can contact us on WhatsApp.
Options Strategies – A Mentorship Program 3.0
Learn About Trading Options in a course led by an Industry Expert. It doesn’t matter how old you are, the mentorship program is open to everyone who wants to learn more about the various option trading strategies. You’ll learn everything you need to know about these strategies and more. Don’t wait, Enroll today!